This contract is between, Honeybee Lane Doodles,(Hereafter "Seller") and _____________ (Hereafter "Buyer").
Entered into contract on this date: ____________ and paid a non-refundable deposit of $500.00 at time of reservation.
Puppy Name: ________________ Birthdate: _________________
Sire: _______________ Dam: ________________ Color: ____________________
1. The Seller states that the above puppy is in good health and fit to travel to their new home, according to a licensed veterinarian and has received the following:
A. Age-appropriate immunizations
C. Heath Record
2. The Seller provides warranty against specific genetic diseases for a period of two (2) years after the date of sale.
A. Seller has taken extra precaution to ensure the health of the above puppy.
-Seller has DNA/genetically tested dam and sire through Embarkvet or PawPrint Genetics and has run a full Embark panel or a breed specific panel from PawPrint. If the puppy is found to possess any of these cleared genetic diseases listed on the documentation, the puppy may be returned to the seller and an equal value replacement puppy, chosen by the seller, will be provided at the soonest availability. Buyer must supply any and all veterinary records and DNA/genetic panel testing documents, performed by a reputable testing company, related to the dog’s condition to the Seller within seven days of diagnosis or the guarantee is void.
B. These genetic diseases are defined as those present since birth that are either life- threatening or would prevent the puppy from fulfilling the intended purpose for which it was purchased.
C. Any of these suspected debilitating diseases must be confirmed by a licensed veterinarian and/or a DNA/Genetic panel test through an accredited company chosen by the breeder. (including necropsy if the dog dies).
i. Seller has the right to require a second opinion from a veterinarian, veterinary specialist or DNA specailist company of the Seller’s choice at the Seller’s expense.
ii. If necropsy is performed and results in undetermined or inconclusive diagnosis, guarentee is void.
D. If one of these genetic diseases is identified within the warranty period, the Buyer has the option to obtain a replacement puppy from the Seller of equal or lesser value from the next available litter.
i.Original puppy need not be returned, provided there is proper documentation of one of the above genetic diseases.
ii. Breeder determines which puppy (of equal or lesser value) will be used as a replacement and the wait may be as long as 6-12 months.
iii. Color or gender is NOT guaranteed
iv. Any fees including shipping fees, will not be refunded, and any costs associated with the shipping replacement puppy are to be covered by Buyer.
E. If the puppy is euthanized or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from the seller’s veterinarian, the buyer waives all rights to a replacement puppy.
F. This warranty does not include viral illnesses, infections, improper bites, stress-related illness, hernias, hypoglycemia, parasites (including Giardia or Coccidiosis), cancer, endocrine disorders or any other diseases that were not listed above. It also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals or physical injury.
G. No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated.
H. This warranty is non-transferable.
3. It is to be clearly understood, that the Seller does NOT, under any circumstances, accept responsibility for any veterinarian and/or health care expenses at any time and at no point will a refund be given.
Buyer agrees to pay the seller a non-refundable deposit total of $ and the remaining balance of $ at 8 weeks of age
-This fee DOES NOT include shipping. If shipping is required, the Buyer transport service used(whatever is required for transport before or on the date of possesion)
1. The Buyer bears all costs relating to the sale of the puppy, including transportation. The risk of loss or injury to the puppy is on the Buyer at all times after the puppy leaves the Seller's possesion.
2. The Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian and agrees to send written documentation from the licensed veterinarian of this visit within three (3) business days of taking possession of the puppy.
A. If the puppy is found to be in poor health, the Buyer has the option of returning the puppy to the Seller, at the Buyer’s cost, for a full refund.
B. The Buyer will provide a written statement from a licensed veterinarian clearly stating the defect or illness.
C. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian and proper documentation is not sent to Seller within three (3) business days of taking possession of the puppy, the health guarentee is void.
D. Please ensure that the puppy is kept in a kennel or held in the waiting room of a veterinary office, and that the exam room is properly disinfected before the appointment to avoid any unwanted ilnesses.
E. Do not let the puppy walk on the floor in the veterinary office and ensure the room was cleaned prior to putting your puppy on the table. Buyer recommends bringing a clean towel or blanket with Seller to be safe.
3. The Buyer is responsible for all medical expenses associated with the treatment of intestinal parasites if the puppy is diagnosed. (even if the puppy has parasites present when sent home). Seller has taken all steps to try to prevent intestinal parasites and the puppy has, however, been dewormed according to his/her age schedule by a licensed veterinarian up until Seller has taken possesion.
A. If you are not willing to treat puppy parasites (sometimes more than one treatment is needed), then please do not buy a puppy.
B. It is common for puppy parasites to flourish after joining their new family (stress and change can and often accommodate this).
C. Most parasites can be contagious, and it is possible that other dogs in the house may get them.
D. Do not let your other dogs eat the puppy’s feces and clean it up immediately using proper cleaning chemicals.
4. The buyer agrees to provide the best possible care for their puppy for the duration of his or her life. This includes, but is not limited to:
A. Housing the puppy indoors
B. Feeding only a premium quality, complete food intended for dogs
C. Maintaining their puppy at a healthy weight
D. Having their puppy seen by a licensed veterinarian for a wellness exam annually
E. Taking their puppy to the licensed veterinarian if he or she becomes sick or is injured
F. Keeping all immunizations current according to the guidelines of the American Veterinary Medical Association
G. Administering heartworm preventative medication (if living in an area of concern)
5. The Seller highly recommends the Buyer provide basic obedience training with their puppy within the first year of owning their dog. Whether that be from a professional trainer or Buyer decides to train them on their own. Seller asks that if Buyer trains the puppy on their own, that Seller has patience with the puppy through training and to give possitive reinforcement when warrented and not enable the puppy when he/she does not comply.
6. The Buyer agrees to postpone strenuous, forced exercise until after their puppy is over one (1) year of age to minimize joint damage as puppies develop.
7. The Buyer agrees to contact the Seller immediately if the Buyer determines they are unable to keep their puppy for any reason. The Buyer and Seller will jointly determine how the dog will be rehomed. The Seller is in NO WAY responsible for any costs associated with transport etc. in rehoming the puppy. No refund will be given unless puppy is returned due to a congenital defect, which must be determined by a reputable company chosen by the breeder.
8. The Buyer agrees to NEVER place their puppy with a rescue group, in a shelter, pound, or similar facility or research laboratory.
9. The Buyer allows the Seller to use any pictures of the dog that the Buyer posts on social media for the purposes of reposting and sharing on Facebook, Instagram, their website, Twitter, YouTube, etc. or in any manner they choose.
10. Buyer is responsible for activation of the Trupanion FREE 30 day insurance (code provided by seller in thee health record notes) and must be activated within 24 hours of taking possession of your new puppy or this health guarantee is null and void.
Spay and Neuter Contract:
1. It is understood that at the time of sale, the above puppy is not to be used for breeding. This puppy is being sold as a companion only, without breeding rights.
2. Spaying/neutering by a licensed, reputable veterinarian is required on the above puppy by 6 months of age, if not done so by the sellers veterinarian before leaving their care due to size.
- Proof of this, in the form of a Certificate of Spay/Neuter from the licensed Veterinarian, must be forwarded to the Seller by the time the puppy reaches 6 months of age. If the Seller does not receive this documentation within this time, the health guarantee will become null and void.
3. Registration of microchip, once information is released to Buyer from Seller. This information will be transferred over to buyer from the seller once spay/neuter certificate is sent to seller.